The following procedures are to be used by departments for the recruitment and selection of Interns. Departments may participate in outreach events and/or refer a particular candidate(s) to the Educational Support Program for verification that they meet the internship qualifications, or they may request that the Educational Support Program advertise, recruit, and provide initial screening for all applicants.
A. Departments Referring a Particular Candidate(s):
1. If the department has already identified the candidate(s) they would like to hire, they are responsible for submitting the name(s) of the selected candidate(s) along with a signed Internship Job Order Form to the Educational Support Program for processing. Forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ESP will then contact the candidate(s) for any required documentation (i.e., resume, unofficial transcripts, enrollment verification, diploma, etc.) to verify eligibility.
3. Once the documents have been received and eligibility has been established, ESP will contact the candidate(s) to begin the on-boarding procedures (described below).
B. Departments Requesting an Internship Recruitment:
1. To request an intern recruitment, complete and forward a signed Internship Job Order Form to email@example.com.
2. ESP will review the form and conduct an intern position evaluation with the department for additional information.
3. ESP will market the position utilizing advertising methods, including college electronic job boards and the County of Riverside Human Resources job announcement webpages. In addition, an email marketing campaign will be distributed to ESP’s established university program contacts. Postings are generally open for two weeks to allow students time to apply.
4. Once the posting has closed, ESP will review the resumes and identify top candidates depending on how many students the department would like to interview. The resume review process can take 3-5 business days.
5. Resumes will then be forwarded to the hiring department to schedule interviews and make a selection. If requested by the hiring department, ESP will interview the candidates and make a selection.
6. ESP will contact the selected candidate(s) for any required documentation (i.e., resume, unofficial transcripts, enrollment verification, diploma, etc.) to verify eligibility.
Once the documents have been received and eligibility has been established, ESP will contact the candidate(s) to begin the on-boarding procedures (described below).